Victory for Quido van de Helle ridden by Constant van Paesschen
A total of 28 seven and eight-year-old youngster horses got the chance to perform this Friday (08/06) in the GLOCK’s Youngster Tour. In the unique setting of the GLOCK HORSE PERFORMANCE CENTER, 13 of the total of 28 duos cantered over the finish line with no penalties. The route to victory demanded the completion of 14 jumps with a maximum height of 1.35 m or 1.40 m – depending on the youngster horse’s age.
Spurred on by his victory in the GLOCK’s 5* Opening Competition (1.45 m) and the unique setting, 24-year-old Belgian rider Constant van Paesschen presented his just seven-year-old Quido van de Helle, with no penalties and a time of 68.52 seconds, to secure his second victory of the day. “Maybe it’s the lovely trees and mountains” responded the beaming winner with a wry smile when asked what actually accounted for his success. In the winner’s interview, the Belgian rider mentioned that he would also be featuring in the main competition of the day – the first of five World Ranking jumping events: “I’m bringing to the start a horse that’s just nine years old, so I’ll be taking it steady and I’m excited about the possibilities.”
Taking second place (0/70.39) in this youngster competition was the eight-year-old French mare Absolhut (Quick Star x Ramiro), presented by twice team gold medallist at the Pan American Games, Lauren Hough (USA).
Third place was earmarked for seven-year-old Crystal de Lau, reared in Luxembourg. She was ridden by number 82 in the world, Gudrun Patteet from Belgium, and cantered across the finish in a penalty-free 70.40 seconds, meaning third place by a whisker.
Delivering the best red-white-red result was again Austria’s number one, Max Kühner. Cuba Libre 57, son of Con Spirit and from the Haupt- & Landesgestüt Schwaiganger stud, demonstrated his talents beneath the adoptive Tyrolean and ultimately took fifth place.
10 CSIYH1* GLOCK’s YOUNGSTER TOUR
Int. jumping competition against the clock (1.35 m / 1.40 m)
1. Quido van de Helle - Paesschen, Constant van (BEL) 0/68.52
2. Absolhut - Hough, Lauren (USA) 0/70.39
3. Crystal de Lau (e.T) - Patteet, Gudrun (BEL) 0/70.40
4. Balasco de l’Abbaye - Alvarez Aznar, Eduardo (ESP) 0/71.83
5. Cuba Libre 57 - Kühner, Max (AUT/T) 0/74.20
6. Famous H - Jochems, Kevin (NED) 0/74.35
7. Don Corleone 111 Z - Cox, Karel (BEL) 0/74.38
8. Cellagon Flipper - Meyer-Zimmermann, Janne-F. (GER) 0/74.45
9. Karel VDB - Fuchs, Martin (SUI) 0/74.67
10. Havana M - Mansur, Yuri (BRA) 0/75.04
11. Miss Felicia Z - Bruggink, Gert Jan (NED) 0/75.92
12. Little Magic d’Asschaut - Sprunger, Janika (SUI) 0/76.94
Link to results
What: International Show Jumping
Where: GLOCK HORSE PERFORMANCE CENTER Austria
VIP day-tickets: call +43 664 88 73 44 01
Free entry to all competitive events
Photo enquiries to: