GLOCK’s 2* Grand Prix victory for Benjamin Wulschner
A total prize purse of 26,000 euros was at stake in the GLOCK’s 2* Grand Prix, with 6,500 euros for the victory, albeit facing no easy path to collect. A course over 12 obstacles and 15 jumps with a maximum height of 1.45 m had been constructed by the Austrian course designer duo, Franz Madl and Adi Appe, in the magnificent, comfortably warm hall of the GLOCK HORSE PERFORMANCE CENTER Austria. Decorated in white, lilac and green, the triple combination 6a,b,c formed the centrepiece of this LONGINES Ranking competition with prize money totalling 26,000 euros.
Only two of the 27 duos made it to the deciding jump-off and a well-deserved victory went to the only rider to complete two flawless rounds. With his second place in the GLOCK’s 2* Tour on Saturday (02/02), Benjamin Wulschner (GER) had already demonstrated that he and his 12-year-old Oldenburg mare, Bangkok Girl, were in form. Today the German duo rode what was truly a dream round in 43.32 seconds, taking a magnificent victory in the GLOCK’s 2* Grand Prix. “It was my wife’s birthday the day before yesterday and this victory is a present for and to her too. Because she rides my top horses in dressage at home and keeps them fit for performances like these”, said the winner, sharing his laurels with his partner. “I’ve been to lots of large tournaments, but I’ve never seen anything comparable with what’s happening here. I’d like to express my heartfelt thanks for the experience.”
Taking second place in this challenging competition was the Dutch rider Joy Lammers on First Boy B.B.. The well-practised duo completed the jump-off with 8 penalty points and a time of 59.94 seconds. Anna Carway (IRL) and Ajaccio secured third place – after the basic round they indeed had no knockdowns, but had collected one time penalty.
Dominik Juffinger (AUT/T) and Ascalan, Christoph Nothegger (AUT/T) on Twilight 2 and Willi Fischer (AUT/OÖ) with Colmar 2 completed the GLOCK’s 2* Grand Prix with a knockdown and four penalty points each, meaning fourth, sixth and eighth places for Austria. Marie Christine Sebesta (AUT/W) and JP’s Winzerin made it to twelfth place in the GLOCK’s 2* Grand Prix with two knockdowns and a time of 67.16 seconds.
03 CSI2* Glock’s 2* Grand Prix
Int. competition with jump-off (1.45m)
This competition counts towards LONGINES Ranking.
1. Bangkok Girl PP - Benjamin Wulschner (GER) 0/43.32 jump-off
2. First Boy B.B. - Joy Lammers (NED) 8/59.94 jump-off
3. Ajaccio - Anna Carway (IRL) 1/74.46 basic round
4. Ascalan - Dominik Juffinger (AUT/T) 4/65.99 basic round
5. Carpe Diem DV Z - Caroline Poels-Devos (NED) 4/66.97 basic round
6. Twilight 2 - Christoph Nothegger (AUT/T) 4/67.81 basic round
7. Faran - Damien Haelterman (BEL) 4/68.75 basic round
8. Colmar 2 - Willi Fischer (AUT/OÖ) 4/69.18 basic round
9. Feline HBC - Amber Meijer (NED) 4/69.41 basic round
10. Karibou Horta - Lily Freeman-Attwood (GBR) 7/82.76 basic round
11. Belanda - Leonie Peeters (BEL) 8/66.44 basic round
12. JP’s Winzerin - Marie Christine Sebesta (AUT/W) 8/67.16 basic round
Link to results
What: International Show Jumping
Where: GLOCK HORSE PERFORMANCE CENTER Austria
VIP day tickets: call +43 664 88 73 44 01
Free entry to all competitive events
Photo enquiries to: