GLOCK’s Youngster Tour Final winner: Gogo and Willem Greve
Twenty-six highly talented seven and eight-year-old horses, bred from famous fathers and the best mothers, showed their qualities round the course on Sunday (03/02) in the GLOCK’s Youngster Tour Final. The basic round led over 12 obstacles with heights of up to 1.40 and 1.45 metres, presenting a challenging task for the young horses to master beneath their experienced riders.
In line with the rules, the 12 best duos could then qualify for the deciding second round, with penalty points carried forward and the starting order reversed.
Proving herself as the best young horse in this GLOCK’s Youngster Tour Final of the GLOCK’s Season Opening 2019 was eight-year-old grey mare Gogo. This daughter of Vdl Zirocco Blue and a mother descended from Indoctro, ridden by Willem Greve (NED), mastered both rounds penalty-free and took ultimate victory in 44.47 seconds.
“I was here for the first time in 2015 and immediately came third in the big prize. I love coming back to Carinthia, this time being my first in the winter tournament”, reflected the winner at the morning award ceremony. “Gogo is a horse with a superb tournament attitude and she regularly surprises me. Plenty more is possible with her, I reckon.”
Just 35 hundredths of a second separated the very promising eight-year-old Elektric Blue P (Eldorado vd Zeshoek x For Pleasure), piloted by Austria’s Max Kühner (T) immaculately into second place in 45.22 seconds.
Occupying third place were the seven-year-old Hanoverian Quantum (Quadam x Grafenstein) and the winner of Gaston Glock’s Championat on Saturday (02/02), Malin Baryard-Johnsson from Sweden.
12 CSIYH1* Glock’s Youngster Tour Final
Int. youngster competition over 2 rounds (1.40/1.45m)
1. Gogo - Willem Greve (NED) 0/44.47 2nd round
2. Elektric Blue P - Max Kühner (AUT/T) 0/45.22 2nd round
3. Quantum - Malin Baryard-Johnsson (SWE) 1/55.69 2nd round
4. Best Of Duverie - Kevin Staut (FRA) 4/42.94 2nd round
5. Cava - Karel Cox (BEL) 4/43.00 2nd round
6. Chavira - Douglas Lindelöw (SWE) 4/45.70 2nd round
7. Habitat BP - Marc Houtzager (NED) 4/46.54 2nd round
8. Go To Fortuna - Bertram Allen (IRL) 4/48.56 2nd round
9. Albfuehren’s Maddox - Steve Guerdat (SUI) 8/45.29 2nd round
10. My Surprise-K van’t Kattenheye - Denis Nielsen (GER) 8/51.18 2nd round
11. Dark Diamond S - Michael Jung (GER) 12/45.02 2nd round
12. Calgary 87 - Emanuele Gaudiano (ITA) eliminated 2nd round
Link to results
What: International Show Jumping
Where: GLOCK HORSE PERFORMANCE CENTER Austria
VIP day tickets: call +43 664 88 73 44 01
Free entry to all competitive events
Photo enquiries to: