GLOCK’s Youngster Tour Final winners: Carleyle and Laura Renwick
Twenty-two highly talented seven and eight-year-old show jumping horses drawn from the very best stock demonstrated their qualities round the course in the GLOCK’s Youngster Tour Final on Sunday (16/06).
The basic round led over 13 obstacles with heights of up to 1.40 or 1.45 metres respectively, according to the youngster horses’ age, where they had to deal with a challenging task under their experienced riders. According to the rules, the 12 best duos could qualify for the deciding second round, taking their penalty points with them and starting in reverse order.
Proving to be the best youngster in this GLOCK’s Youngster Tour Final at the GHPC Austria 2019 was seven-year-old Maverick. This son of Diamant de Semilly x Heartbreaker took ultimate victory under third-placed rider in the CSIO5* Grand Prix in St. Gallen 2019, Laura Renwick (GBR), in 44.37 seconds. “Maverick is a really very promising horse. He obviously feels very happy here and has developed well over the weekend, because he jumped even better today than on the first day,” said Laura Renwick in the interview.
Just 61 hundredths of a second denied the eight-year-old Holsteiner Carleyle victory. Current number 22 in the Longines World Rankings, Gregory Wathelet (BEL), piloted the stallion into second place with no penalties in 44.98 seconds. Occupying third place were Zampano Z and his breeder and rider Christian Ahlmann, winner of the GLOCK’s 5* Grand Prix in February 2019, an altogether promising duo. The eight-year-old son of Zandor Z performed magnificently, jumping with great power and delivering one of the total of seven double clear rounds (0/45.62) in this competition final.
12 CSIYH1* GLOCK’s Youngster Tour Final
Int. jumping competition over 2 rounds (1.40 m/1.45 m)
1. Maverick - Laura Renwick (GBR) 0/44.37 Round 2
2. Carleyle - Gregory Wathelet (BEL) 0/44.98 Round 2
3. Zampano Z - Christian Ahlmann (GER) 0/45.62 Round 2
4. Homey - Emma Augier de Moussac (CZE) 0/46.40 Round 2
5. Blood Diamond du Pont - Julien Anquetin (FRA) 0/47.38 Round 2
6. Miss Marple - Olivier Philippaerts (BEL) 0/47.68 Round 2
7. Leone Jei - Martin Fuchs (SUI) 0/48.65 Round 2
8. Kimba du Soleil - Douglas Lindelöw (SWE) 4/43.51 Round 2
9. Calgary 87 - Emanuele Gaudiano (ITA) 4/44.17 Round 2
10. Zandara Z - Pieter Clemens (BEL) 4/54.29 Round 2
11. Chrystal Blue - Pia Reich (GER) 4/55.12 Round 2
12. Pikap de Muze Z - Christophe Vanderhasselt (BEL) 8/65.91 Round 2
Link to results
What: International Show Jumping
Where: GLOCK HORSE PERFORMANCE CENTER Austria
VIP day tickets: to request please call +43 664 88 73 44 01
Free entry to all competition events
Photo enquiries to: