Karel VDB under Martin Fuchs is the GLOCK’s Youngster Tour winner
The second day’s sporting programme at the GLOCK HORSE PERFORMANCE CENTER came to a close with the GLOCK’s Youngster Tour, a special competition in two phases over 1.35 m or 1.40 m. This type of competition was developed specially for seven and eight-year-old horses. All duos automatically enter the second phase, thus giving the four-legged youngster stars the opportunity to acquire experience, even if the odd bar should happen to fall in phase one.
Eleven seven-year-old and 17 eight-year-old youngster horses were piloted over the 14 jumps by their riders. The descendents of top stallions like Plot Blue, Nabab de Reve, Quick Star, Con Spirit and Chacco Blue stood out for their jumping ability, with a total of 15 duos finishing penalty-free.
Ultimately the winning horse in this GLOCK’s Youngster Tour was reared in Belgium, because occupying first place was the eight-year-old Karel VDB, bred from Udarco x Corland, under the saddle of three-times GLOCK’s Grand Prix winner Martin Fuchs (SUI). In an unbeatable 27.52 seconds, the ninth-placed duo in Friday’s GLOCK’s Youngster Tour pushed Horse Gym’s Landino (Lord Z x Calato) under Felix Hassmann (GER) into second place (0/29.14).
“I’m always very successful at the GLOCK HORSE PERFORMANCE CENTER; my horses and I feel so at ease here and I can look forward to a victory here every year actually”, said Martin Fuchs, evidently content following his success. “Albeit this time I’ve only come with my youngsters, so I won’t be starting in tomorrow’s GLOCK’s 5* Grand Prix.”
In third place were eight-year-old Havana M, daughter of Verdi Tn, and Yuri Mansur from Brazil. The practised duo took tenth place in the youngster competition yesterday (Friday, 08/06) with a penalty-free round.
Also achieving a placing with a penalty-free round in 34.28 seconds for twelfth were Cuba Libre 57, bred from Con Spirit, and Austria’s Max Kühner.
11 CSIYH1* GLOCK’s YOUNGSTER TOUR
Int. special jumping competition in two phases (1.35 m/1.40 m)
1. Karel VDB - Fuchs, Martin (SUI) 0/27.52
2. Horse Gym’s Landino - Hassmann, Felix (GER) 0/29.14
3. Havana M - Mansur, Yuri (BRA) 0/29.62
4. Queensway Royal - Guerdat, Steve (SUI) 0/29.64
5. Novita Jovial Z - Renwick, Laura (GBR) 0/29.65
6. Absolhut - Hough, Lauren (USA) 0/29.69
7. Cellagon Flipper - Meyer-Zimmermann, Janne-F. (GER) 0/30.25
8. Quido van de Helle - Paesschen, Constant van (BEL) 0/30.59
9. Don Corleone 111 Z - Cox, Karel (BEL) 0/31.14
10. Crystal de Lau (e.T) - Patteet, Gudrun (BEL) 0/31.79
11. King Kong d’Avifauna - Vermeir, Wilm (BEL) 0/33.78
12. Cuba Libre 57 - Kühner, Max (AUT/T) 0/34.28
Link to results
What: International Show Jumping
Where: GLOCK HORSE PERFORMANCE CENTER Austria
VIP day-tickets: call +43 664 88 73 44 01
Free entry to all competitive events
Photo enquiries to: