Martin Fuchs opens the final day at GHPC Austria with victory
The final day of Horses & Stars at the GLOCK HORSE PERFORMANCE CENTER Austria opened with an international five-star jumping competition against the clock over a maximum height of 1.50 m. The CSI5* test carried prize money totalling 25,000 euros, qualifying it to count towards the Longines World Ranking.
Fastest of the eight penalty-free duos among the field of 30 starters was ultimately the three-times GLOCK’s Grand Prix winner Martin Fuchs and ten-year-old Silver Shine, son of Califax. The 2018 World Equestrian Games silver medallist is currently number three in the Longines World Rankings. He is without doubt one of the most successful regular guests of the GLOCK HORSE PERFORMANCE CENTER Austria and we will see the Swiss rider again this afternoon, this time in the saddle on The Sinner, in the GLOCK’s 5* Grand Prix with a total prize purse of 344,000 euros. “I was already second with him on Friday, so hopefully we’re well prepared and we’ll do our best to be able to meet up again here for the award ceremony at 5pm,” Martin Fuchs assured us.
Second place in this World Ranking test over 1.50 m was also reserved for a Swiss duo, given that Alain Jufer and his experienced Holsteiner Casall crossed the line penalty-free in 63.10 seconds. Occupying third place was Belgium’s Gregory Wathelet, winner of the CSI5* GLOCK’s Perfection Tour and the GLOCK’s Youngster Tour on Saturday. He piloted his eleven-year-old Belgian mare Iphigeneia de Muze over the 12 obstacles in 63.73 seconds with no penalties.
For the first award ceremony on the final day at the GLOCK HORSE PERFORMANCE CENTER Austria, eleven-year-old GLOCK’s Dobelensky, son of Cornet Obolensky, and GLOCK Rider Gerco Schröder (NED) stood in sixth place (0/68.51).
CSI5* GLOCK’s Perfection Tour
Int. jumping competition against the clock 1.50 m
Counts for the Longines Rankings (Group D)
1. Silver Shine - Martin Fuchs (SUI) 0/61.85
2. Casall - Alain Jufer (SUI) 0/63.10
3. Iphigeneia de Muze - Gregory Wathelet (BEL) 0/63.73
4. Usa Normande - Margie Goldstein-Engle (USA) 0/64.55
5. Chac Balou N - Paola Amilibia (ESP) 0/66.08
6. Glock’s Dobelensky - Gerco Schröder (NED) 0/68.51
7. Kalinka van de Nachtegaele - Angelica Augustsson Zanotelli (SWE) 0/70.34
8. de Vleut - Vincent Voorn (NED) 0/79.03
9. Rouge de Ravel - Guy Williams (GBR) 4/59.55
10. Caldero - Pieter Clemens (BEL) 4/64.77
11. Amethyste du Coty - Luca Maria Moneta (ITA) 4/65.49
12. Quanan Rouge - Julien Anquetin (FRA) 4/66.99
Link to results
What: International Show Jumping
Where: GLOCK HORSE PERFORMANCE CENTER Austria
VIP day tickets: to request please call +43 664 88 73 44 01
Free entry to all competition events
Photo enquiries to: