Fasten your seatbelts! CSI3* International Show Jumping begins!
Exactly 15 times it will be all about win or lose at the international Season Opening at the GLOCK HORSE PERFORMANCE CENTER from January 29th till February 1st, 2015. Austria’s first international show jumping event in the new season is, with its prize-money totalling 235,000 euros, one of the 3-star events with the highest prize money in Austria. A total of four world ranking list jumping events will take place.
The starting signal for top event will be given on Thursday (29th of January) at 12 pm with the opening show jumping for all tours. From then on, aficionados of equestrian sports will be able to follow thrilling competitions for amateurs, young horses and experienced riders in the GHPC-indoor arena, with free entrance. The absolute highlight of the four equestrian sports days will be the GLOCK’s Grand Prix on Sunday (1st of February) which, as the finishing highlight, has prize-money totalling 100,000 euros.
And, as always, the list of participants is top-class! Amongst others, the winners of the Gaston Glock’s Championats Salzburg and Magna Racino are competing:
● Max Kühner (AUT) – winner of Gaston Glock's Championat Salzburg 2013, back then still riding for Germany, gives his debut on Austrian ground for Austria at the GHPC
● Jamie Kermond (AUS) – winner of Gaston Glock's Championat Magna Racino 2014, Australian superstar
● Amy Graham (AUS) – winner of Gaston Glock's Championat Salzburg 2014, Australian superstar
However, things will certainly not be easy for these three champions, because many other medal winners in Olympic games, world and European championships will also be participating in the events at the GHPC:
● Gerco Schröder (NED) - GLOCK Rider, two-times silver medal winner in the Olympic Games, world and European champion (world ranking No. 25)
● Bertram Allen (IRL) – currently listed as number 15 in the FEI Longines Ranking List, 19 year old shooting star from Ireland
● Marco Kutscher (GER) – European champion and two-times bronze medal winner in Olympic games (world ranking No. 28)
● John Whitaker (GBR) – two-times GLOCK’s Grand Prix winner and 18 times medal winner in the Olympic games, world and European championships (world ranking No. 41)
● Emanuele Gaudiano (ITA) – currently world ranking No. 42
● Pius Schwizer (SUI) – European champion and currently listed as world ranking number 18
● Martin Fuchs (SUI) - 22-year old Grand Prix winner of the CSI5* events in Paris (Gucci Masters) and Helsinki, winner of the CSI3* GLOCK’s Grand Prix 2012 (world ranking No. 57)
● Michael Jung (GER) – German eventing rider; two-times Olympic winner and world champion as well as five-times European champion (world ranking No. 3 in eventing)
Austrian flags will be waved by:
● Stefanie Bistan (NÖ) – current number one of Top-of-Austria, world ranking No. 194
● Stefan Eder (S) - current number two of Top-of-Austria, world ranking No. 151
● Markus Saurugg (St) – participant in the World Equestrian Games
● Hugo Simon (St) – Austria’s evergreen
GLOCK Perfection meets equestrian sports
The classiness and very special flair of the events at the GLOCK HORSE PERFORMANCE CENTER are internationally renowned and bear the personal signature of managing director Kathrin Glock. On site, for the duration of four days, a truly magical world can be experienced by both active sportspeople and visitors: the breathtaking design of the Riders Lounge, exquisite food and cocktails, intoxicating live acts by show stars and moving charity activities on behalf of people and animals in need.
GLOCK’s entertainment in the Riders Lounge
The motto “Horses and Stars” stands for GLOCK-style high class entertainment, and guests in the exclusive Riders Lounge can look forward to:
● Gourmet entertainment
● Wellness Lounge (manicure, pedicure, massage)
● Styling Lounge with star stylist Eren Bektas and his team
● Kids Lounge with creative carers
● Cinema Lounge for small cinema fans
● Dog Wellness – the very finest dog massage with Manfred Kellenc
● Live coverage from the tournament hall
● International top-class show acts
Day tickets for Saturday and Sunday are available for 300 euros per day per person.
Day ticket info: +43 664 88 73 44 01
Once again, German star chef Alfons Schuhbeck will be delighting all in his Cooking Lounge at the GLOCK HORSE PERFORMANCE CENTER. All tournament guests enjoy free entry here. The cooking shows take place on Fri and Sat at 11am, 2pm and 5pm and on Sunday at 11am and 2pm.
Free entry to the tournament hall
There is free entry to the spectator grandstand in the tournament hall every day. At the Public Lounge, day-guests can enjoy public viewing, exclusive catering and a supervised Kids Corner. The dogs aren’t forgotten either: at the Dog Lounge there are plenty of treats for our faithful friends.
You can find all the information about the competitions, daily summaries, many photos and news as well as the live stream of International Show Jumping at the GLOCK HORSE PERFORMANCE CENTER at www.ghpc.at
What: International Show Jumping
When: 29/01 - 01/02/2015
Where: GLOCK HORSE PERFORMANCE CENTER Treffen Nr. Villach
VIP day tickets for Saturday and Sunday: 300 euros per day per person
on +43 664 887 344 01
Free entry to all competitive events at the spectator grandstand in the tournament hall