Welcome to paradise! A GLOCK-style launch to the season.
Eighteen nations, more than 200 horses and around 100 riders will join international superstars from January 29th till February 1st 2015. Because once again it’s "welcome to paradise! Welcome to the CSI3* International Show Jumping at the GLOCK HORSE PERFORMANCE CENTER!“
GLOCK perfection meets equestrian sport
When the Gaston and Kathrin Glock family invite guests to the international season opening at Treffen, you can expect an absolutely top class event. The industrialist built the GHPC for his wife Kathrin and, in 2010, he handed her responsibility for achieving international positioning for this equestrian sports facility in the south of Austria.
The exclusivity and particular flair of tournaments held at the GLOCK HORSE PERFORMANCE CENTER are internationally renowned and carry the personal signature of managing director Kathrin Glock. The rush of riders seeking hotly contested places to compete begins earlier with each tournament. Because here, for a full four days, the gates open to reveal to participants and visitors alike not only top-class equestrian sport but also a truly magical world: the breathtaking design of the Riders Lounge, exquisite dining and cocktails, inspiring live acts by show stars and touching charities for people and animals in need.
Equestrian sport stars in the saddle
The riders are already looking forward to the action. The total prize money awaiting these athletes at the GHPC amounts to 235,000 euros. The Glock’s 3* Grand Prix alone carries 100,000 euros of prize money. The youngster show jumping and the possibility of coaching their own students in the CSI1* competitions make the season opening especially attractive for the stars of the equestrian sports world. Also tempting are the total of four FEI Longines world ranking list show jumping events.
This time the triumvirate of Gaston Glock's Championate of Salzburg and the Magna Racino are also at the starting gates:
● Max Kühner (AUT) – winner of Gaston Glock's Championat Salzburg 2013, then still riding for Germany, gives his debut on Austrian ground for Austria at the GHPC
● Jamie Kermond (AUS) – winner of Gaston Glock's Championat MAGNA RACINO 2014, Australian superstar
● Amy Graham (AUS) – winner of Gaston Glock's Championat Salzburg 2014, Australian superstar
But these three champions certainly won’t have it easy, given the numerous medal-holders from the Olympic Games, World Equestrian Games and European Championships who will also be starting at the GHPC:
● Gerco Schröder (NED) - GLOCK Rider, twice silver medal winner at the Olympic Games, World and European champion
● Bertram Allen (IRL) - currently number 15 on the FEI Longines Ranking List, 19-year-old shooting star from Ireland
● Marco Kutscher (GER) - European champion and twice bronze medal winner at the Olympic Games
● John Whitaker (GBR) - twice Glock's Grand Prix winner and 18-times medal winner at the Olympic Games, World Equestrian Games and European Championships
● Pius Schwizer (SUI) - European champion and currently ranked number 18 in the world
● Martin Fuchs (SUI) - 22-year-old Grand Prix winner of the CSI5* tournaments in Paris (Gucci Masters) and Helsinki
● Paul Estermann (SUI) - Swiss ‘Elite Kader’ rider
● Michael Jung (GER) – versatile German rider; twice Olympic winner and World Champion as well as five-times European champion
Nor will our red-white-red aces be missing out on the highlight of the season opening. At the GHPC, six of the best ten Austrians will be at the starting gates. Including:
● Stefanie Bistan (NÖ) – current number one of Top-of-Austria, world ranking No. 194
● Stefan Eder (S) - current number two of Top-of-Austria, world ranking No. 151
● Markus Saurugg (St) – participant in the World Equestrian Games
● Hugo Simon (St) – Austria’s evergreen
GLOCK’s entertainment in the Riders Lounge
The motto “Horses and Stars” stands for GLOCK-style high class entertainment, and guests in the exclusive Riders Lounge can look forward to:
● Gourmet entertainment
● Wellness Lounge (manicure, pedicure, massage)
● Styling Lounge with star stylist Eren Bektas and his team
● Kids Lounge with creative carers
● Cinema Lounge for small cinema fans
● Dog Wellness – the very finest dog massage with Manfred Kellenc
● Live coverage from the tournament hall
● International top-class show acts
Day tickets for Saturday and Sunday are available for 300 euros per day per person.
Day ticket info: +43 664 88 73 44 01
Once again, German star chef Alfons Schuhbeck will be delighting all in his Cooking Lounge at the GLOCK HORSE PERFORMANCE CENTER. All tournament guests enjoy free entry here. The cooking shows take place on Fri and Sat at 11am, 2pm and 5pm and on Sunday at 11am and 2pm.
Free entry to the tournament hall
There is free entry to the spectator grandstand in the tournament hall every day. At the Public Lounge, day-guests can enjoy public viewing, exclusive catering and a supervised Kids Corner. The dogs aren’t forgotten either: at the Dog Lounge there are plenty of treats for our faithful friends.
You can find all the information about the competitions, daily summaries, many photos and news as well as the live stream of International Show Jumping at the GLOCK HORSE PERFORMANCE CENTER at www.ghpc.at
What: International Show Jumping
When: 29/01 - 01/02/2015
Where: GLOCK HORSE PERFORMANCE CENTER Treffen Nr. Villach
VIP day tickets for Saturday and Sunday: 300 euros per day per person on +43 664 887 344 01
Free entry to all competitive events at the spectator grandstand in the tournament hall