Dominik Fuhrer wins the GLOCK’s 2* Grand Prix
A prize purse of 26,000 euros, 13 obstacles, 16 jumps, 500 m course length, allowed time of 80 seconds and maximum height of 1.45 m. These were the key parameters of the GLOCK’s 2* Grand Prix on the final day of Horses & Stars at the GLOCK HORSE PERFORMANCE CENTER Austria. Thanks to penalty-free basic rounds, 6 of the 30 participating duos made it to the jump-off, which followed a shortened course.
Germany, the Netherlands, USA, Switzerland and Austria were represented in the decider and it was to be Dominik Fuhrer (SUI), in the saddle on nine-year-old Holsteiner Call Me Carly, who ultimately cantered in to win first place. Together their two magnificent clear rounds and jump-off time of 41.10 seconds prompted a second playing of the Swiss national anthem on this final day at GHPC Austria, given that Fuhrer’s trainer Martin Fuchs had taken victory in the preceding CSI5* competition.
“Dominik rode superbly all weekend and I offer him my heartfelt congratulations on his first 2-star Grand Prix victory,” were Martin Fuchs’s words of praise for his student, whom he had accompanied to the award ceremony. “This is the best tournament I’ve ever had the chance to ride in and I’m really enjoying it. Today is definitely the best victory to date,” said a beaming Fuhrer, a mathematics teacher by profession, in the winner’s interview.
Taking second place were Joy Lammers (NED) and her nine-year-old KWPN gelding First Boy B.B., who were also among the four achieving “double-zero” and had only taken 10 hundredths of a second longer than the winners. Con Spirit, a 13-year-old stallion bred from Cornet Obolensky, jumped beneath Daniel Dassler (GER) to third place.
Making it into the jump-off for Austria were Monika Madl (OÖ) and Atreju 97. Ultimately the duo took an outstanding sixth place. Bianca Babanitz (B) and nine-year-old stallion Game Dk Z achieved seventh place with one time penalty point from the basic round.
CSI2* GLOCK’s 2* Grand Prix
Int. jumping competition with jump-off (1.45 m)
Counts for the LONGINES Rankings (Group D)
1. Call Me Carly - Dominik Fuhrer (SUI) 0/41.10 in jump-off
2. First Boy B.B. - Joy Lammers (NED) 0/41.20 in jump-off
3. Con Spirit - Daniel Dassler (GER) 0/43.82 in jump-off
4. Favorito - Brieanne Dofort (USA) 0/45.31 in jump-off
5. Hiteck - Catherine Pasmore (USA) 4/41.91 in jump-off
6. Atreju 97 - Monika Madl (AUT/OÖ) 4/49.94 in jump-off
7. Game Dk Z - Bianca Babanitz (AUT/B) 1/80.40
8. Edesa’s Ikke van Stal Cipa - Xenia Erichsen (GER) 1/80.66
9. Coralle 41 - Nicole Scheller (SUI) 1/82.09
10. Karibou Horta - Lily Attwood (GBR) 4/78.46
11. Click - Sylvia Gugler (USA) 5/80.55
12. Cilija - Evie Buller (AUS) 5/80.90
Link to results
What: International Show Jumping
Where: GLOCK HORSE PERFORMANCE CENTER Austria
VIP day tickets: to request please call +43 664 88 73 44 01
Free entry to all competition events
Photo enquiries to: