Good, better, Gianni Govoni!
Taking a second victory on the second start during an event; that’s quite a trick. Precisely what was achieved today by Gianni Govoni (ITA). Today, Friday, at CSI3* CSI1* CSIYH1* International Show Jumping at the GLOCK HORSE PERFORMANCE CENTER, the “Master of Faster” triumphed again in the CSI3* GLOCK’s Perfection Tour, repeating yesterday’s triumph.
For the accumulator with joker over 1.40 m, the winner of Gaston Glock’s Grand Prix Salzburg 2016 had saddled up once again his super-fast AES mare Winn Winn and absolutely smashed his 34 competitors’ times. Even though a total of 15 duos collected the full 65 points, nobody could beat that best time of 43.39 seconds. “Winn Winn is in top form and conditions here couldn’t be better. This tournament really is first class; my compliments to the entire team” was Gianni Govoni’s satisfied summary.
Coming in second was Suzanne Tepper (NED) and Acascia, nine-year-old daughter of Diamant de Semilly, who were yesterday’s third-placed duo (65/46.61). Malin Baryard-Johnsson (SWE) and H&M Second Chanse completed the podium with 65 points in a time of 46.71 seconds.
There was also a magnificent, confident performance by ten-year-old KWPN gelding GLOCK’s Champions Ludwig under Ben Schröder’s (NED) saddle. With all points secured, they took eighth place (50.30).
11 CSI3* GLOCK’s Perfection Tour
Int. accumulator with one joker over 1.40 m
1. Winn Winn - Govoni, Gianni (ITA) 65/43.39
2. Acascia - Tepper, Suzanne (NED) 65/46.61
3. H&M Second Chanse - Baryard-Johnsson, Malin (SWE) 65/46.71
4. Zypern III - Vrieling, Jur (NED) 65/46.83
5. Carige - Ryan, Thomas (IRL) 65/47.47
6. Timpex Ben Hur - Szabó, Gabor (HUN) 65/47.65 sec
7. Uno de la Roque - Mathy, Francois Jr (BEL) 65/49.61
8. GLOCK’s Champions Ludwig - Schröder, Ben (NED) 65/50.30
9. Taquadriga - Nagel, Björn (GER) 65/51.88
10.Luce Luce - Coata, Simone (ITA) 65/51.97
11.Papa Roach - Gulliksen, Victoria (NOR) 65/54.47
12.D’ Angelo - van der Schans, Wout-Jan (NED) 65/54.53
Link to results
Photo enquiries to: