Pius Schwizer is the GLOCK’s Youngster Tour Final winner
The final day of International Show Jumping at the GLOCK HORSE PERFORMANCE CENTER. The event, with prize money totalling 239,000 euros, comes to a climax today with the three final results of the GLOCK’s Youngster Tour, CSI1* GLOCK’s Medium Tour and GLOCK’s 3* Grand Prix as highlights. First in line was the final test of the CSIYH1* GLOCK’s Youngster Tour, in which 23 seven and eight-year-old youngster horses were presented by their experienced riders in this standard test with jump off over 1.35/1.40 m. In the basic round, twelve of the promising talents under the saddle remained penalty-free, thereby qualifying to contest the deciding round.
Over the shortened jump off course there were then nine clear rounds and the lead was correspondingly hotly contested. At the award ceremony there was a familiar face with a contented smile to be seen between the splendidly florally decorated trappings of the GHPC. For this test, Pius Schwizer (SUI) had saddled up eight-year-old Mecklenburg Cortney Cox (of Carlo x Espri). With his agile foreleg and fresh basic canter, the chestnut gelding was impressive on all levels and jumped to victory in 38.39 seconds. Given that Pius brought Tina de l’Yserand to victory in last year’s GLOCK’s Youngster Tour, curiosity about the secret of his success was only natural: “You have to observe young horses closely. Jumping behaviour, technique, it’s all enormously important. If, on top of that, you have the necessary patience, then really nothing can go awry.”
With second place taken by Werner Muff, there was indeed another rider from Switzerland. He completed the jump off on KWPN gelding Escoffier, bred from Lord Z, in 38.79 seconds. Third was that fantastic jumper Clintissima van Spalbeek Z, a Zangersheide mare bred from Clintissimo, ridden by Karel Cox (BEL) in 39.61 seconds. Roland Englbrecht (OÖ) and Mevisto’s Corwinni scored points in twelfth place for Austria (4/43.35 j.o.).
03 CSIYH1* GLOCK’s YOUNGSTER TOUR FINAL
Int. standard test with jump off over 1.35/1.40 m
1. Cortney Cox - Schwizer, Pius (SUI) 0/38.39 j.o.
2. Escoffier - Muff, Werner (SUI) 0/38.79 j.o.
3. Clintissima van Spalbeek Z - Cox, Karel (BEL) 0/39.61 j.o.
4. Over The Top - Meyer, Tobias (GER) 0/40.08 j.o.
5. Charco - Kutscher, Marco (GER) 0/40.52 j.o.
6. Kiarado - Vermeir, Wilm (BEL) 0/40.55 j.o.
7. Larocco - Lill, Maximilian (GER) 0/41.08 j.o.
8. Jasmien v. Bisschop - Ekberg, Jonna (SWE) 0/41.87 j.o.
9. Galant v.Z - Bruggink, Gert Jan (NED) 0/42.13 j.o.
10. Arany de Kergane - Hanley, Cameron (IRL) 4/41.96 j.o.
11. Explosion 4 - Gaudiano, Emanuele (ITA) 4/42.01 j.o.
12. Mevisto’s Corwinni - Englbrecht, Roland (AUT/OÖ) 4/43.35 j.o.
Link to results
Photo enquiries to: