Sensational! Jur Vrieling wins the GLOCK’s Perfection Tour
The first of a total of five LONGINES World Ranking jumping competitions was the highlight of the day this Friday (01/02/2019) from 4pm on the CSI5* International Show Jumping programme at the GLOCK HORSE PERFORMANCE CENTER Austria. With prize money totalling 62,000 euros and a maximum height of 1.50 m, this 5-star jumping competition presented the first great challenge of this weekend.
Forty-five of the best show jumping riders in the world came to the starting line in the CSI5* GLOCK’s Perfection Tour. Twelve duos executed immaculate basic rounds to qualify for the subsequent jump-off. The shortened jump-off course extended over 320 m, including eight jumps, and had to be completed in a maximum of 55 seconds, if possible with no penalties, in order to avoid collecting time penalties and to have a shot at the generous winner’s prize of 15,500 euros.
Number six in the world, Daniel Deusser (GER), the first to start in the jump-off in the saddle on Calisto Blue, laid down a superb time of 38.18, ultimately enough for second place. Olympic silver medallist, World and European Champion Jur Vrieling (NED), riding VDL Glasgow vd Merelsnest N.O.P., showed that it was indeed possible to go a bit faster, and took a convincing victory in 38.16 seconds. “There are really good riders here. Glasgow has just had two months off and of course I hope we might just win another competition or two this weekend”, said a beaming Jur Vrieling at the official awards ceremony.
In third place was Wilm Vermeir from Belgium who, with Iq van het Steentje, completed a second clear round in 39.73 seconds.
The best Austrian in this LONGINES Ranking competition, who recently took sixth place in the 2018 World Equestrian Games in Tryon, was Max Kühner (T). As number one of the Top of Austria, he had saddled up 14-year-old Cornet Kalua, son of Cornet Obolensky, and achieved an outstanding fourth place (0/40.73).
05 CSI5* GLOCK’s Perfection Tour
Int. competition with jump-off (1.50m)
This competition counts towards the LONGINES ranking
1. VDL Glasgow vd Merelsnest N.O.P. - Jur Vrieling (NED) 0/38.16 in jump-off
2. Calisto Blue - Daniel Deusser (GER) 0/38.18 in jump-off
3. Iq van het Steentje - Wilm Vermeir (BEL) 0/39.73 in jump-off
4. Cornet Kalua - Max Kühner (AUT/T) 0/40.73 in jump-off
5. Glock’s Cognac Champblanc - Gerco Schröder (NED) 0/45.88 in jump-off
6. Usual Suspect d’Auge - Julien Epaillard (FRA) 4/37.94 in jump-off
7. JB’s Hot Stuff - John Whitaker (GBR) 4/38.59 in jump-off
8. Cicero II - Guy Williams (GBR) 4/40.51 in jump-off
9. Icos - Olivier Philippaerts (BEL) 8/42.22 in jump-off
10. Zypria S - Willem Greve (NED) 8/44.41 in jump-off
11. Sterrehof’s Calimero - Marc Houtzager (NED) 25/71.83 in jump-off
12. Caspar 232 - Emanuele Gaudiano (ITA) retired during jump-off
Link to results
What: International Show Jumping
Where: GLOCK HORSE PERFORMANCE CENTER Austria
VIP day tickets: call +43 664 88 73 44 01
Free entry to all competitive events
Photo enquiries to: