Supergirl! Lily Attwood is the GLOCK’s 2* Tour winner
It was with victory by just 17-year-old Lily Attwood that the second GLOCK’s 2* Tour at GHPC Austria came to a close. In the saddle on nine-year-old Belgian gelding Karibou Horta, the team silver medallist in the 2017 European Championships for Ponies in Kaposvar, having taken 2nd place in the opening on Friday, today secured a magnificent victory. The young British rider crossed the line with the full points score of 65 and in a time of 47.28 seconds.
Her performance prevented an Austrian win, given that Willi Fischer and Dollar Girl had also collected full points in this jumping competition accumulator with joker over 1.40 m. Sixty-five points and 49.44 seconds meant a well-earned second place for the 24-year-old Upper Austrian, ahead of Joy Lammers and First Boy B.B. from the Netherlands.
“Karibou Horta is jumping really fantastically here. In the 2* Grand Prix tomorrow I’ll try to stay fast and penalty-free and then simply hope for the best”, said the beaming and likeable young winner.
With prize money totalling 26,000 euros, the Final of the GLOCK’s 2* Tour will be decided tomorrow (Sunday, 16/06) from 10am. Entry to the tournament area is free.
02 CSI2* GLOCK’s 2* Tour
Int. jumping competition accumulator with joker (1.40 m)
1. Karibou Horta - Lily Attwood (GBR) 65/47.28
2. Dollar Girl - Willi Fischer (AUT/OÖ) 65/49.44
3. First Boy B.B. - Joy Lammers (NED) 65/50.81
4. Call Me Carly - Dominik Fuhrer (SUI) 65/52.14
5. Calippo - Christoph Kaufmann (GER) 65/54.50
6. Chinook II - Veronica Tracy (USA) 65/54.53
7. Eto’O - Tom Brinkman (NED) 65/55.22
8. Colour Line - Michael Eichler (GER) 65/55.90
9. Jessica van de Padenborre - Paulena Johnson (USA) 65/56.06
10. Edesa’s Ikke van Stal Cipa - Xenia Erichsen (GER) 64/63.07
11. Valseuse de Terlong - Patricia Segura (ESP) 62/64.02
12. Caprizio - Kristin Asmus (GER) 60/56.15
Link to results
What: International Show Jumping
Where: GLOCK HORSE PERFORMANCE CENTER Austria
VIP day tickets: to request please call +43 664 88 73 44 01
Free entry to all competition events
Photo enquiries to: