Morning victory for Gert Jan Bruggink from the Netherlands
It’s the final day at the GLOCK HORSE PERFORMANCE CENTER. The programme kicked off this Sunday (10/06) at International Show Jumping with a LONGINES Ranking competition against the clock with penalties, for prize money totalling 25,000 euros. To achieve victory in this CSI5* GLOCK’s Perfection Tour, the task was to master 12 obstacles, including one double and one triple combination, as quickly as possible and with no penalties, because this international competition had been set without a jump-off.
First on the course was number 51 in the world, Emanuele Gaudiano from Italy, who certainly lived up to his nickname “Mr. Speed”. Riding Quinn van de Heffinck, he unfortunately caught a knockdown on the last jump and could therefore no longer contest victory.
Prevailing as the winning duo in this exciting competition was ultimately the winner of Gaston Glock’s Grand Prix Magna Racino 2015, namely Gert Jan Bruggink (NED). With his agile ten-year-old Oldenburg Charmeur 436 and a rapid time of 66.37, he pushed last starter Max Kühner (AUT) and powerful jumper Cornet Kalua, son of Cornet Obolensky, into second place by a margin of 13 hundredths.
Coming third were Eduardo Alvarez Aznar (ESP) and his Belgian gelding Fidux, who cantered over the finish in 67.96 seconds.
“A victory like this always gives you a good feeling about the day, of course. I’m already looking forward to the GLOCK’s 5* Grand Prix, in which I’m also starting today.”, said the beaming winner from Belgium in perfect German during the interview at the official award ceremony.
CSI5* GLOCK’s Perfection Tour
Int. jumping competition against the clock (1.55 m)
Competition counts for LONGINES Ranking
1. Charmeur 436 - Bruggink, Gert Jan (NED) 0/66.37
2. Cornet Kalua - Kühner, Max (AUT/T) 0/66.50
3. Fidux - Alvarez Aznar, Eduardo (ESP) 0/67.96
4. Evert - Cox, Karel (BEL) 0/69.74
5. Glock’s Dobelensky - Schröder, Gerco (NED) 0/69.76
6. Killer Queen VDM - Deusser, Daniel (GER) 0/71.14
7. Top Dollar v. - Renwick, Laura (GBR) 0/71.16
8. Sterrehof’s Dante - Houtzager, Marc (NED) 0/79.34
9. DM Jacqmotte - Vermeir, Wilm (BEL) 0/80.91
10. Wywace - Moneta, Luca Maria (ITA) 1/84.19
11. Quinn van de Heffinck - Gaudiano, Emanuele (ITA) 4/65.21
12. CSF Vendi Cruz - Breen, Shane (IRL) 4/68.11
Link to results
What: International Show Jumping
Where: GLOCK HORSE PERFORMANCE CENTER Austria
VIP day-tickets: call +43 664 88 73 44 01
Free entry to all competitive events
Photo enquiries to: